Do you love craft, design, architecture, events management or just want to help out your community?
Roles for volunteers include:
We are seeking expressions of interest for volunteers to join our small dedicated team, delivering DESIGN Canberra 2019. Applications close Monday 7 October at midnight.
Volunteering for DESIGN Canberra is a great way to see exhibitions and events come together, meet people and get involved in the local Canberra craft and design community. It is a great environment to learn new skills and build your resume. DESIGN Canberra welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. There are a range of different projects, offering different hours and flexibility to fit in around work and life commitments.
- Exhibitions – assist with mounting and de-mounting exhibitions, gallery attendant, artist liaison
- Visitor services – greeting audiences, providing information on the festival
- Event assistance – bump in and bump out of festival events, ushering, surveys and evaluation
- Marketing assistance – social media, promotion, photography
The roles are flexible – weekdays or weekends, days and nights, one-off or regular. No experience is necessary – just a positive attitude and an interest in being a part of Canberra’s fastest growing festival.
All DESIGN Canberra volunteers who contribute to at least 4 hours of service will receive:
- Free double pass to the festival opening party
- Hands on experience and behind the scenes insights into exhibitions and festivals
- A certificate of participation to support future job applications
- The warm inner glow of supporting your local design community
If you have any questions, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org