Jump into your new job and support Canberra’s thriving design and craft community.
Craft ACT is recognised as a leading centre in contemporary Australian craft and design, with a vision to strengthen the dynamic link between the arts – as encompassed in the craft sector – and the broader creative industries and design sector.
We are seeking motivated people to assist with multiple part time roles including the coordination of our public programs, gallery, retail and partnership activities. These roles will support the work of Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre and our major outreach project, DESIGN Canberra.
Flexible and supportive working conditions in a creative environment are available for the right candidates.
The successful applicants will have experience assisting with one or more of the following areas:
- delivering projects and events
- collaborating with other organisations and partners such as arts organisations, government, business and educational institutions
- engaging closely with the ideas and practice of craft artists and designers to put their work in a broader context for the community
- providing administration support to gallery and retail programs, committees and other arts-related activities
- promoting contemporary craft and design (or related practice) using social media, media relations and/or other communication tools.
Positions are available for 15-45 hours per fortnight, by negotiation with the successful candidates.
These coordinator positions will play a key role in helping to position Craft ACT and its members as vital to Canberra and well-connected to Australia and the world. If you are a creative and hands-on team player with good interpersonal and organisational skills, as well as a passion for art and design, then we’d love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm (AEST) on 28 January 2020. Position descriptions and how to apply HERE
Image: @legojacker in Twin Minigagarin by Plastique Fantastique. Photo by @fran_t