Do you love craft, design, architecture, events management or just helping out your community?
We are seeking expressions of interest to join our small dedicated team, delivering DESIGN Canberra 2018.
Volunteering for DESIGN Canberra is a great way to see exhibitions and events come together, meet people and get involved in the local Canberra craft and design community. It is a great environment to learn new skills and build your resume. DESIGN Canberra welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. There are a range of different projects, offering different hours and flexibility to fit in around work and life commitments.
Roles for volunteers include:
- Exhibitions – assist with mounting and de-mounting exhibitions, gallery attendant, artist liaison
- Visitor services – greeting audiences, providing information on the festival
- Event assistance – bump in and bump out of festival events, ushering, surveys and evaluation
- Marketing assistance – social media, promotion, photography
The roles are flexible – weekdays or weekends, days and nights, one-off or regular. No experience is necessary – just a positive attitude and an interest in being a part of Canberra’s fastest growing festival.
All DESIGN Canberra volunteers who contribute to at least 4 hours of service will receive:
- Free double pass to the festival opening party
- Free public transport to festival events
- Hands on experience and behind the scenes insights into exhibitions and festivals
- A certificate of participation to support future job applications
- The warm inner glow of supporting your local design community
If you have any questions, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org
DESIGN Canberra is the major outreach activity for Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre. The festival is delivered in collaboration with industry, associations and educational institutions committed to the design arts and creative industries in Canberra.